The Pasty Project
Pasty Maker Questionnaire
- Shelden Narhi (Festival Foods)
Age:(if you donít mind answering)
Where did you first learned to make pasties? and from whom?
- Houghton Parkside, from Paul Svon
How long have you been making pasties?
-12 years for Festival Foods, more than that elsewhere (he couldn't
How many pasties do you think you have made?
- 800 a week * 52 weeks/yr * 12 years = 499,000
What is the greatest number of pasties you have made at one time?
How many pasties has one person been able to eat at one sitting?
Comment on the prices of the pasty(from past to present).
- 12 years ago they were $.99
Do they ever get tired of making/eating the pasties?
- NO!!, I've got discipline, the reason most people that make pasties today are older, is because the younger people don't have the patience for assembly line work. I don't look at it as assembly line work, I try to
think of improvements as I make them.
What do people seem to like to put on their pasty?
What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen put in/on a pasty?
What would you like to see included in an online information center on the pasty?
- Historic Information